Sunday 22 February 2015

Winter Saviours #1 - Hands

 
 
So it's been that time of year lately where the weather is cold, windy and everything is starting to get a little bit dry! I thought I would do a series on products that have been my winter saviours this year - my holy grails and must haves for the cold weather. I am going to start with hand creams - simple and not very exciting but an absolute must have in the cold weather (at least for me anyway.) I cannot comprehend how many different tubes of hand cream I must have gone through these past couple of months but I have definitely enjoyed some more than others. Some I have favoured purely for their lovely scents whilst others are purely for quality or money value.
Anyway, I'm just going to get stuck in and share with you my current favorites.

The first I want to mention, even though it isn't in the picture (threw it away without thinking - silly me) is Soap and Glory's Hand Food and this for me is an all time favourite and the one I go back for every year. It smells amazing, it leaves your skin and nails feeling amazing and it's very good value for money. It contains Shea Butter, Macadamia oil and Marshmallow so as you can imagine the smallest bit goes a long way. I find myself rarely having to top up during the day and it always leaves my skin feeling hydrated and soft. Definitely a winter must have and for £5 you cannot go wrong.
 
 
Next I have the Dream Cream Hand and Body Lotion by Lush and even though this doesn't smell too pleasant, which is rare for Lush as they pride themselves of their amazing scents, this makes your hands feel like liquid gold! I find it so hydrating and soothing on the skin. It's also very cooling on irritated or itchy skin as it contains oat milk and chamomile. I have also been told from friends who use it that it is brilliant for people who have eczema or extremely sensitive skin. This is definitely another one that I find to be long lasting and doesn't require a lot of topping up.  It's on the pricer side at £12 but it is definitely worth it if your skin isn't coping too well with the cold weather.
 
Next is the Wild Rose Hand cream by The Bodyshop and this is one of my favourites purely for it's beautiful scent and ridiculously large tube. The quality is good but it's nothing I would say is out of the ordinary for a hand cream. However if you're looking for something a bit more fancy with a nice scent then this is the one for you. The scent I also find is quite long lasting so this is a gooden if you want something more "girlie". It also contains SPF 15 so this will also been good during the summer if you need some hydration during the warmer months.
 
Also just want to give a quick mention to the Strawberry Hand cream by the BodyShop. This is very similar to the Wild Rose hand cream in terms of quality and consistency but I would say the Strawberry one is a bit more buttery. So if you wanted to chose one of them in terms of quality for your skin I would recommend the Strawberry one. Also it smells of Strawberries, what's not to love??
 
 
Last but not least I wanted to give a mention the Garnier Hand Repair Cream. If you're looking for something with good quality that isn't going to break the bank then this is your guy!! It's very hydrating and it definitely restores the comfort to your skin. It contains only natural ingredients so it's also going to be good for people with sensitive skin or eczema. Cheap, Cheerful and for only £1.99 it does the job perfectly.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment