Tuesday 10 February 2015

Selfridges Haul

This is definitely a blog post I am excited to be writing as it's one I've been meaning to do for a while! As I am sure I have already made you aware, I visited Selfridges last weekend and bought myself a few treats. It was a very easy shop for me as I already had a list of all of products I wanted to buy and therefore it was pretty much a "get in and get out" job as it was heaving with people. I have been using the products I bought throughout the week and it's safe to say I absolutely love them all! Definitely money worth spending and if I could I would go again tomorrow (but that would leave me poor forever.)
Anyway, I'm just going to get started and share with you all of my beautiful purchases.
 
After months of debating whether or not to indulge in a Jo Malone Cologne I finally bit the bullet and bought one and I am SO happy I did. After 10 minutes of sniffing the same three perfumes I finally decided to go for Pomegranate Noir and I definitely feel this was the right choice for me. It's a very deep, spicy scent and it's definitely one of their more longer-lasting colognes which is something I always look for in a scent. Pomegranate Noir is what I'd describe as a sexy but mysterious scent and I am completely in love with it. I decided to go for the 30ml (which is £40)
 but I will definitely be purchasing this in the larger size next time. The perfect perfume for any evening out.

Next are my two new beautiful lipsticks and these had both been on my wish list for absolute months. The first one, which is the top/lighter swatch on my hand is the Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution lipstick in Glastonberry and it is the most gorgeous plummy/berry shade out there! It's a matte formula and it literally lasts for hours. I find it to be one of the only lipsticks that actually stay on after having something to eat or drink. Ofcourse it needs the odd touch up but it's staying power really is amazing. It's on the pricier side at £23 but it really is worth the money if you're after something luxurious.
The bottom swatch on my hand is the beautiful and popular Nars Audacious Lipstick in Ingrid and I can really see why it is so often raved about. The formula is a creamy matte and it literally just glides on your lips. Long lasting, opaque but not drying at all. It's a very dark and intense browny/plum - so this lipstick is only for the brave. So if you're someone who loves luxurious lipsticks and experimenting with dark colours - then this lipstick if for you.  It was £24 so again, another pricey lipstick that is definitely worth the money.
 
All good things come in gold packages and this is no exception for the Charlotte Tilbury - Airbrush Flawless Finishing Powder. I cannot explain how long I had been after a finishing powder that actually sat comfortably on my skin. I've tried so many both drugstore and high end powders and I have never found one I have been truly satisfied with until now. It's a very lightweight powder that manages to give off a satin to matte finish without being heavy or drying on the skin. It is also very long lasting and needs not many touch ups at all. A perfect powder with beautiful packaging. This has already made itself into my every day essentials! Well done Charlotte.
 
Next I got my hands on the Laura Mercier - Hydrating Primer and this was another product that had been on my wish list for ages. Like I've mentioned in previous posts, I have never found a primer that I've actually liked enough to re-purchase and this is always something I have struggled with. I always find that they are either too drying or far too oily for my skin type. This however seems to be working very well with my skin and I will give a full review once I have tried it out for longer. Very hydrating (like it says) and it blends out your foundation like a dream!
 
Last but not least I wanted to give this little guy a mention! It wasn't from Selfridges but I bought it on the same day and didn't want to not include it at all in my post. This is my new KIKO pallet and I must say I am very impressed with the quality of these shadows. I didn't realise KIKO had its own store so I was thrilled when I spotted this on Oxford Circus. The store was absolutely heaving so I only had time to grab a couple of eye shadows but these are all beautiful and so so cheap. The pallet itself cost £2.50 for three spaces and each eyeshadow cost 5.20 so this really was bargainous for the quality you get. Unfortunately I can't remember the names of the shadows I bought and I already threw the boxes away (silly me) but the beautiful champagney highlight is my absolute favourite. I definitely want to try some more of KIKO's products and hope I can get to a store soon!
 
Thanks for reading. Have you tried out any of these products and if so which are your favorites?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment