Monday 1 June 2015

My Mac Lipstick Collection 2015



Here we have it - My Mac lipstick collection - I have been wanting to do this post for absolutely AGES but wanted to make sure I was completely satisfied with all my shades and had all the colours I wanted in my collection first. Ever since I bought my first mac lipstick about two years ago, I became obsessed with the massive variety of colours and finishes they had and I haven't been able to stop collecting them since.
I have now have 22 lipsticks - which some people might think is absolutely ridiculous and don't get me wrong I agree.. but why not? Some people's hobby is collecting stamps or bottle caps and mine just happens to be lipsticks. I do however believe that becoming a makeup artist has made it worse as my excuse is now always "it's for my job" and I am not entirely sure that's always true but hey ho, let's just get on with it shall we?

I'm going to start with my Nudes as these are the lipsticks I have the least of. It's very rare that I will ever wear a nude lipstick as I just don't think they suit my complexion or skin tone - and I always feel very bare when wearing them. However, talking about them in picture order from left to right I have..

Please Me - A medium muted pink with a warm underdone. This looks great on paler skin as it doesn't wash you out and the warm tones bring out your colour. It's a great everyday lipstick and probably what I'd describe as a "your lips but better" colour. It's a matte formula so it's long lasting too.
Angel - Unfortunately this is my least favourite lipstick out of my entire collection and the one I only kept purely for my professional kit (as it would be good for weddings/brides). It's a very sheer and light pink and it's frost formula makes it more like lip-gloss than a lipstick. Not long lasting, and unfortunately not a lot of pigment - which is a shame because the actual colour of the lipstick is beautiful. Good for every day wear and if you're someone who doesn't like a lot of colour on your lips however.
Spirit - This is the very popular and typical "Kylie Jenner nude" and I absolutely love it. It's a darker browney nude and it's a very warm shade.It's my most recent lipstick as it took me forever to get hold of but I can already tell I'm going to get a lot of wear out of this. It's a Satin which is one of my favourite finishes - long lasting but not as drying as a matte and it's the perfect nude for both everyday wear and evenings out to pair with a dark smokey eye.
Craving - I love this colour, it was one of my favourites during the autumn/winter months. It's a muted berry shade with purple undertones, so definitely something more for the colder months. This suits all skin types and it's an amplified finish so it's nice and creamy on the lips - very pigmented too.

Next we have all my Pinks.
Relentlessly Red - It's called "red" but this lipstick is 100% a dark pink. If you are familiar with the lipstick All Fired Up then you will see that Relentlessly Red is almost identical! This is such a unique pink and I definitely don't have anything else like it. It's a Retro Matte, so it's very long lasting and very very opaque. It's a deep and bright dark pink (if that makes any sense) and it's a real feel good lipstick. It also makes your teeth look SO white - which is also an added bonus.
Impassioned - A very popular and well loved pink! Bright, fun and perfect for the upcoming summer months. It has a peachy/coral undertone to it making it very unique and versatile for different occasions. Definitely one of my favourites. It's an amplified finish so again it's nice and creamy.
Fusion Pink - A bright Fuchsia pink with beautiful shimmers running through it. Very easy to wear and definitely a lipstick I believe could suit anyone. Again it's an amplified finish too, so highly pigmented and perfect for nights out when you want a deep and daring pink.
Show Orchard - Very similar to fusion pink as it again is a bright Fuchsia pink with silver shimmers through it - however this one is definitely brighter, prettier and has better staying power then most amplified's I have tried. It's such a fun and beautiful pink and definitely one of those lipsticks everyone needs in their stash.
Candy Yum Yum - The brightest pink of them all! Candy yum yum has to be the most daring pink I have ever owned and this one definitely took me a long time to get used too. It's a neon pink and has to be one of the most pigmented lipsticks I have ever worn. It's a matte finish, but surprising isn't drying at all. If you're brave enough to rock a neon pink then this one is definitely for you. I cannot wait to bring this out during summer.
Next are my favourite colours of them all; Oranges
Neon Orange
- One of my most favourite and most worn lipsticks ever! A very bright and true orange. I find this goes well with any makeup look and it literally brightens and warms up any skin tone/complexion. An all rounder as I wear this summer, spring, autumn and winter and it's definitely a colour I will never get bored of. A must have for any lipstick collection. Amplified finish too which is my favourite.
Morange - This is literally identical to neon orange so I won't go into much detail. Perhaps half a shade darker but nothing I would deem as noticeable and also an amplified finish. You definitely do not need both of these lipsticks.
Saigon Summer - Like its name suggests this is the ultimate summer shade. So pretty and what I would describe as an orange sherbet/pastel colour. Not too in your face and definitely more subtle than the others I have mentioned. This is the only cremesheen finish I own but it's very moisturizing and pigmented and I love this lipstick.
Vegas Volt - Another one of my favourite lipsticks. This is a peachy/orangey coral and good lipstick for when you want to add a pop of colour but nothing too extreme. Such a perfect peach and definitely one I don't hear enough about. This is an amplified finish and great one for spring/summer.
My most worn and used lipsticks - The Reds
Ruby Woo - One of Macs most famous lipsticks. A very classic and vintage red with blue undertones. The perfect colour for any night out and one of those real "I feel sexy" lipsticks. It's a matte finish and this one literally lasts all night with minimal topping up.
Lady Danger - The perfect orange toned red and my ultimate favourite. Bright, beautiful and bold - you will not go un-noticed with this lipstick. Such a perfect all rounder with a matte finish. Another one you should not go without.
So Chaud - Very similar to lady danger with it's orange tonnes and matte finish. Very little difference apart from the fact that this leans more towards an orange and Lady Danger leans more towards a red.
Last but by no means least - The Purples
Up The Amp - A very true lilac and the lightest from my collection. Perfect if you're not brave enough to wear a bright purple but want to start giving it a go. Very creamy and moisturizing with an amplified finish. I don't really wear this lipstick as I find it washes me out and doesn't match my complexion at all.
Flat Out Fabulous - Like the name would suggest, the colour of this lipstick is fabulous and unlike anything I have seen before. It's a bright not quite there purple with pink undertones. This matches so many different skin tones and definitely gives your face a great pop of colour. Matte finish and so long lasting.
Heroine - Another very famous lipstick by Mac. The truest and most on point purple you will find from any brand. Very bright, bold and daring but if you have the guts to wear it you will not be disappointed. So opaque and texturized with a lovely matte finish.
Rebel - The first ever Mac lipstick I bought and my most favourite. The most perfect berry shade with purple undertones. This really does suit everyone and it's a favourite for so many people I know. A definite must have with a satin finish. I have done a few reviews on this if you wish to find out more.
Darkside - The perfect winter shade. A dark berry red with both purple and brown undertones. Very bold and I feel like I'm making a real statement when I wear this. So glossy too which I think is perfect for a darker lipstick. Amplified finish.


And there we have it - my Mac lipstick collection. I hope you enjoyed having a nose at what I have because I know I love looking at other peoples collections.
What Mac lipsticks do you have and what are your favourites?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment