Friday 6 February 2015

January Favorites!

Okay, so this is definitely a belated January favourites - but better late than never right?
Beauty wise, there hasn't been too many products I have stuck to day by day, as I got a lot of makeup and skincare over the Christmas period and therefore have been experimenting with different things daily. However, the few products I have chosen to feature are all amazing and have definitely been the products I've found my self reaching for the most over the past few weeks. I'll also mention a few of my favourite non-beauty things at the end of this blog too for anybody interested as there have been SO many series, films and songs I have been obsessing with over the January period.
I always enjoy reading people's monthly favourites as they give me new idea's on what to try out for myself so I hope you enjoy.
 
Talking skincare, there have been 2 products that I have started including in my daily routine and they are amazing for my skin type. The first is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water which I was very late to jump on the bandwagon with as I've been seeing this on blog posts for absolutely ages now. However I'm glad I did because for £2.99 (currently the price in Tesco) it works like a dream! It's been compared to the Bioderma Micelle Solution and for over half the price you really can't go wrong. Removes all dirt and makeup easily, makes your face feel so clean and it's so quick and easy to use - love it.
The other product I have been loving is the Triple Performing Facial Emulsion by Benefit and I have been using this everyday before I apply my makeup. It's amazing if you're someone with dry skin as it's super hydrating and lightweight and makes your skin look so healthy and awake. I have been loving using this underneath my foundation as it helps give your skin that flawless look. It also has SPF 15 in so it's going to be a good one to use in the summer as well as the winter!
 
I have been wearing this lipstick almost every day and this is Darkside by MAC. It is the most beautiful plummy/vampy colour for winter and because it's an Amplified formula it gives the most perfect shine too! Not matte or drying at all but very very pigmented. I wanted to find a colour similar to Rebel but slightly darker and more Burgundy rather than Purple and this ended up being the perfect contender.
 
Next for makeup favourites I wanted to mention the YSL - Touche Éclat Foundation which I have done a full review of on my blog so go and check that out!
I wear it every single day and it makes my skin look and feel flawless. It's light to medium coverage and it's very brightening and hydrating on the skin. Well worth the price you pay and perfect for people who like a 'Dewey' finish.
 
Probably a slight cheat for putting this next product in my January favourites as I only bought it a couple of weeks ago but what the hell - I've been using it almost every day since I purchased so it definitely deserved its place here. This is the Revolution Hot Spice Blush Pallet and the colours in it are beautiful. I went for all the orange/deep pink colours and they look so lovely on the cheeks. They're extremely pigmented and easy to blend which surprised me as this pallet was only £6! Bargainous!

Last but not least for beauty I have two brushes from the Real Techniques Bold Metals Collection and I was so so excited about getting my hands on these! It literally took me weeks just to find a Boots store local to me that stocked them so I was thrilled when I finally did. I'm not going to go into too much detail because I am going to do a separate review all about them but they are amazing quality and well worth the hype! I got the 301 flat contour brush and the 100 arched powder brush and I use them both every day when applying my makeup. Definitely like nothing I have used before and good brushes to add to my collection. Well done Sam and Nick!
 
Now for a few of my non-beauty faves! If you know me, you'll know how much I love T.V and film and just how much of it I watch on a regular basis. Whenever I get any free time I will always use it either going to the cinema or just sitting in catching up on the weeks T.V I've missed.

Netflix definitely has to be part of my January favourites I have been non-stop using it since I signed up to it two months ago. I've become hooked on so many new series but there are two that I have dedicated a lot of time to lately and they are;
Orange Is the New Black and American Horror Story! It's sad to say I have finished both complete series of these already and considering I've only had Netflix for two months - that's a lot of watching!
 
A couple of weeks ago I went and saw American Sniper at the cinema and it was absolutely brilliant! It's a film based on modern warefare and therefore I didn't think I would enjoy it as war films are not a bit of me but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and I'm glad I did because Bradley Coopers performance (as always) was memorising! I'm not going to go into any more detail because otherwise I'd be here forever but definitely go and give it a watch!
 
Last but not least for music I'll mention a few albums I've been non-stop listening too lately are;
George Ezra - Wanted on Voyage
Fifty Shades of Grey - The classical Album
Hozier - Hozier Deluxe
 
What have you been loving this January?
                                                                   Thanks for reading
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment