Sunday 8 March 2015

Febuary Favorites 2015

 
So February has passed and even though this is a week late (oopsie) I thought it was still appropriate to share all the wonderful things I was loving last month. This is going to be quite a small favourites as I have still been using everything I was loving throughout January. I've also been behaving myself as of late and not indulged in too much spending so I suppose this could also be a factor of why I am only sharing 5 products with you this month, However, I'm going to get right into it and begin!
 

So first up I have three base/face products I want to share with you and these all work perfectly together as well as being individually amazing.
My favourite product of all five (and the one I am most excited to be talking about) is the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation and I know I have probably said this before but this is the best foundation I have ever used and I am so glad I finally indulged and spent the money on it. It's been a foundation that I have wanted to try for years but always worried that it would be too heavy for me (as I always go for a light/dewey coverage) and therefore worried about spending the money on it in case I didn't like it. However I was feeling spendy one day and decided to just indulge and I am very happy I did. I would say it gives a medium to full coverage and gives a satin finish. It isn't as heavy as I anticipated which I was happy about but I would say it is definitely buildable if you wanted something more full. I also just want to comment on how long it lasts! I can literally put this on at 7 in the morning and it will still be all in tact at 7 in the evening. So this is amazing for nights out or special occasions. Highly recommend to people looking for a luxury foundation that's long lasting.
 
Next we have the Laura Mercier Hydrating Primer and it's safe to say this is the best primer I have ever tried! I mentioned in one of my recent posts that I have never found a primer that has agreed with my skin or that I have felt completely satisfied with - until now. I have a dry skin type, so I'm always looing for face products that hydrate or give moisture (as I find that most primers are either too heavy or give a matte finish - which are no good for me) so this really does fit the bill. It also helps any foundation apply like a dream! They just glide on without any dry or patchy bits and it definitely helps to achieve that "flawless" look. Definitely a product I will repurchase time and time again.
 
Next I wanted to give a quick mention to the ELF Powder brush - I've had this brush for quite a while now but dug it out at the beginning of last month to try with foundation and I have been loving it since. It's a flat top brush and it is very dense so it's perfect for buffing foundation and/or powder into your skin. A perfect alternative to a buffer brush - also amazing quality for just £4. Elf studio brushes are all amazing quality for a tiny price so definitely go and check them out.
 
 
For fragrance I wanted to mention the newest cologne to my Jo Malone collection and this is Vanilla And Anise and this smells like heaven in a bottle. It's not really one I've heard much about or seen anywhere but once I sprayed it in the shop I knew I had to have it. It's a very strong, musky scent and the spicy vanilla really gives it a uniqueness from the other fragrances. I also find this one is very long lasting - which is what I always go for it a perfume. I would describe this perfume as quite sensual so definitely perfect for date nights or nights out.
 
 
 
Last but not least I wanted to mention this little bargain I picked up a few weeks ago and this is the NYX Mega Shine Lip gloss in Miami and this is the perfect nude gloss to put over any pencil or lipstick. I'm not a lipgloss person so for me to enjoy this as much as I do must definitely show just how good these NYX glosses are. Not sticky or gloopy, pigmented and long lasting. Perfect for only £3 and perfect to add to my professional makeup kit. They have a huge range of colours in these glosses so I am definitely excited to try out more shades. I have inserted a picture of me wearing the gloss so you can see how it looks on and see what makeup look I have been pairing it with.

Hope you enjoyed this because I love doing a monthly favourites.
What products did you love during February?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment