Sunday 22 March 2015

Mini Makeup Haul


So, as always I've been doing a spot of shopping recently and thought I'd do a post on some of the new bits of makeup I've picked up. Everything I bought (minus the Nars blusher) was from Boots as they're currently doing 3 for 2 across all makeup brands and as you know I just cannot say no to this. I've had my eye on all of these products for ages so I'm really happy to have picked some of them up on a good deal. So without further ado I'm going to get right into it and share with you some of the new things I've been buying recently;
 
The first, and the best thing is this Stila - In The Light Palette and oh my god I am in love with this! I've been uming and ahing on whether to buy this for a long time as some of the shades are very similar to those in the Naked Palette but there was only so many times I could walk past this in boots before I decided to jump the gun and buy it!
 It comes with ten shades, four which are matte and six shimmers and they are all so beautiful. It also comes with a waterproof eyeliner which I've tried and I must say - its very good.
 I especially like this palette because you can do so much with it - it's very versatile and the shadows are all easily blendable and highly pigmented. You also don't get any fallout with these which is a winner when you're buying eye shadows. Very high quality and beautiful shadows and I would recommend these to any eyeshadow lover who's looking to purchase a new palette. This was £25 from boots which is very good for the quality of these shadows!
 
Next I picked up another Soap and Glory - Supercat Liquid Liner Pen which is my favourite liquid liner to use as I've mentioned many times before on my blog. I use this near enough every day and haven't found another liner that yet beats this. I won't go into any more detail than this because it's a product I often rave about but yeah - I love this and it was only £6 from boots.

Another product that I have had my eye on for a while is this Seventeen - Skin Wow Highlighter and I must say this is SO good considering how cheap it is. It's a light liquid highlighter than can be used as a primer underneath foundation to give a dewey/glowy look, it can be used to mix with foundation before applying or you can use it straight on the skin as a cream highlighter to blend in with your makeup. I'm going to go as far as saying that this is a good dupe for the Nars - illuminator in Copacabana but slightly less pink toned. So if you're looking to try the Nars illuminators but want to try out something cheaper first - then definitely try this. Amazing product for only £5 in Boots.
 
Last but not least I have the Barry M Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit and my Nars Blusher in Sin - Both of these products are amazing quality and have both become products I use almost every day in my makeup routine.
The Chisel Cheeks kit is something that is currently being raved about by every blogger/vlogger out there and I can definitely see why. I tried to purchase this weeks ago when it first got launched but every Boots/Superdrug I went into it had been sold out - so I was extremely excited when I finally managed to get my hands on it. It comes with three colours, one yellow toned powder which is perfect for setting under concealer, an orange toned bronzer which is perfect for all over if you want to add some colour and then a darker toned bronze which is the contour colour. The bronzers are so highly pigmented and long lasting - which shocked me as the palette was so cheap. I would definitely recommend using them with a light hand though as so much product comes off onto your brush and you don't want to over-load. Overall a good product and perfect for only £6.49.

Last I just want to mention this beautiful blusher which is Sin by Nars, It's not often one that is talked about a lot in the beauty world and I don't know why as this is just so unique and pretty. It's a purple toned blusher with grey/silver flecks running through it - so if used with a light hand this could also be used as the perfect highlight too. I would recommend more for slightly darker skin, as the blush can appear quite dark on lighter skin tones but this is just so pretty and like all of Nar's blushers - the quality is next to none. I was lucky enough to be able to get this a lot cheaper than it's original price - but I would definitely pay the full amount as it's so gorgeous and unlike any blusher I have seen or used before.
That's it for what I've been buying recently, I hope you enjoyed and feel free to let me know what you've been loving lately from the drugstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment