Thursday 23 April 2015

Top Five Foundations

I am back and I am kicking it off with my top five foundations which I know is a very popular post. It took me a long while to chose a top five as I genuinely love every foundation in my collection and I often switch up my foundation daily depending on where I am going and what kind of look I am going for. I would like to point out that I have a dry/dehydrated skin type and therefore will use foundations that hydrate, have a Dewey finish and aren't too thick or heavy in consistency, so what might work for me, might not work for you depending on your skin type and personal preference. However I have tried to go for a different variety and I hope this helps anyone looking to buy a new foundation or anyone who has a similar skin type to me.

So here we have it - my top five! The crème de la crème of my collection and the foundations I find myself reaching for the most.
I am going to start by talking about the little Hourglass pot that's in the photo. You're probably thinking "how can she put a tester in a top five?" but let me explain.. about a two months or so ago, a lady who worked on the Hourglass counter matched me up to their Illusion Tinted Moisturiser and gave me a sample pot to take home and try. Ever since that day I have worn this foundation almost daily and am embarrassed to say I have now gone through three sample pots (I am cheeky - but wanted to make sure I was certain on this foundation as it is very expensive) and I think it has actually become my most favourite foundation ever - which is a huge statement to make. I would also like to say I have finally ordered a full sized one online - hurray!
This foundation is amazing if you have dry or combo skin. It's so creamy and hydrating on the skin but also gives amazing coverage - which is rare for a tinted moisturiser. It lasts all day long, gives you the healthiest glow and I would go as far as saying it's actually helped my skin and given me permanent moisture back. Definitely go and pick up a tester pot if your buy an Hourglass counter and you should 100% notice the difference in your skin.
Next are the two foundations I have spoken about countless times before on my blog and therefore I will not ramble too much about them as you can find full reviews on both of these on my previous blog posts.

The Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturiser is my absolute favourite in the summer and was the only foundation I took away on both of my holidays last year. It's very lightweight and dewey on the skin, so I wear it on days where I don't want too much coverage but still want to make my skin look glowy and awake - so perfect for wearing to work or on a hot day in the summer. Very easy to blend and could definitely be buildable if you wanted something that little bit more!

Next we have my most talked about foundation ever - The YSL Touche Éclat I literally cannot comprehend how many times I've mentioned this foundation in the past. It has the perfect consistency for my skin type and It just feels and looks so luxurious on your face. Very easily blendable, easily buildable and the most natural and healthy looking foundation I have ever used. I definitely recommend going to a YSL counter and asking for a free 7 day sample of this. Try it for yourself and notice how natural and radiant it will leave your skin looking and feeling.
 


Next I have the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation and this is by far my favourite drugstore foundation of all time. I find it very hard to find a drugstore foundation that is either kind to my skin or gives me the right finish but this for me definitely does both! I would say it gives a medium coverage with a light to dewey finish, which as I have previously mentioned is perfect for me. This foundation feels so much more expensive than it is and I cannot believe it's amazing quality for only six pounds. Such a bargain and definitely not one to miss! It blends into your skin like a dream and looks even better if applied with a buffer or kabuki brush. Match Perfection also has a wide range of shades to choose from (which is rare for drugstore foundations) and gives the most radiant glow to your skin. It also smells amazing too - which is obviously a bonus!

Last but definitely not least I have my trusty and well loved Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation - A popular choice for many! Estee Lauder describe the foundation as medium coverage but I would personally say it is more medium to full coverage. This is the only foundation I own which has a heavier coverage and it's safe to say I have never tried anything like it. I absolutely love how it looks on my skin and it is the best product to use on a night out or if you're going to an occasion where you want your foundation to last all day/night. This foundation has amazing staying power, and even though it has a thick consistency - it doesn't transfer onto your clothes which is definitely something to look out for when purchasing a foundation. Over all a luxurious and beautiful foundation!

There we have it - My top five foundations of all time.
I hope you enjoyed reading and I hope this gives you a good insight to some foundations you're maybe wanting to try out.

What are your favourite foundations?
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment