Thursday 15 January 2015

2015: What's in store?

January 2015 is well underway and I feel like I have already made it as productive as possible. Firstly, I reached my "saving goal" which was the amount of money I wanted to have saved by the first week of January. This in itself was a massive achievement considering I am the worst saver EVER. The minute I get paid I tend to blow the entire lot on rubbish I don't need or even more so... food (my bad.) Anyway, reaching my money goal meant I could finally pay for the makeup course I had been wanting to take all of last year. (I could have got a loan or borrowed money but I really didn't want to have to go down that road and also - patience is key.)
I am ridiculously excited and this means I will officially be a qualified makeup artist by March 29th 2015 - eeeek!
 
I have decided to go with celebrity makeup artist Louise Constad at her makeup school in London.  I have done a lot of research and from what I have found out she really is the best person to learn from. It's a week intensive course and on the last day we do a professional photo shoot and get to keep all of the photos of our different looks for our portfolios. It really does sound amazing and I will definitely take a lot of pictures and a do a whole blog post on my experience once I have completed it.
Makeup is a profession I have wanted to be in for a long time but I have never had the money or the right knowledge to get into it with so it's definitely an achievement to finally have both elements of this on my side this year.
Once qualifying, my overall plan is to get a part time job on a makeup counter, so I can build up my skills and also try and build my clientele. Whilst doing this my plan is to start going freelance and set up my own business. The dream really is to be successful in my own business as I have worked in retail all my life and can safely say I never want to work for a hospitality company ever again!
 
My last big plan for the end of this year is to be either moved out, or looking to move out with my boyfriend. If I am lucky enough to have my own business by then and him still be able to be in his stable job then I definitely think we'll be financially ready to do so - which is another exciting thing in itself.
We'll probably stay local to where we live as we both want to stay close to our families. I am so excited to think about decorating and planning my own home. I can already imagine exactly how I want my own place to look - and it's another excuse to spend money and go shopping right?
2014 for me was a very good year; I got to meet some amazing new people, started the job that I am currently in (which has its ups and downs but over all I am very happy with,) got to go on two beautiful holidays abroad and just generally got to go out a lot and visit different places.
 I really hope I am lucky enough to have an another amazing year and hopefully I can make 2015 even bigger and better for myself (cheesy and cliché I know - but true nonetheless)

So there we go - here are my 2015 plans in a nutshell.

What do you have in store for 2015? I hope you can make it all as good as I plan too


Ayesha x



 

 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment