Wednesday 31 December 2014

Top 5 Autumn/Winter Lipsticks


Today I thought I'd do my top five Autumn/Winter Lipsticks. I was originally going to do a top seven (as you can see from the top picture) because it was just too hard to choose between such a large amount that I've been using lately - however, I thought I would cheat slightly by sneaking an extra two in picture. These are Mac's Lip pencil in Auburn (which was in my what I got for Christmas haul) and a Topshop Lip Bullet in Get me Bodied. Both beautiful vampy colours for Autumn/Winter seasons. Anyway, we'll pretend I haven't snuck them in there.
For anyone who knows me, you'll know I am obsessed with collecting lipsticks. My collection over the past year has grown so much that I now need two entire draws to store them all in and there are so many more I still want to get my hands on. Oh well, we all have our passions and mine just happens to be lipstick! Anyway, here are some of the lipsticks I have been reaching for a lot over the past 3 months or so and I hope this helps anyone looking to buy a new winter lip colour!


 My first two favourites are these beautiful red shades by YSL and Estee Lauder. Both lipsticks are £25.00 and can be purchased in most concession stores. The YSL is from the Rouge Pur Couture range in number 35. It is a gorgeous deep red colour and I would say the formula is very similar to that of an amplified (by mac.) The colour is very opaque and long-lasting however it has a very creamy formula, so its easy to apply and just glides on the lips.  Beautiful for nights out or if you want that vampy-red look!
Next is the Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy in 330 Impassioned and it is one of my favorite lipsticks. The packaging is very sophisticated and it has a magnetic lid which I think is an excellent touch. It's an orangrey-red colour and therefore beautifult for both winter and summer (I'm a sucker for an orange lip.) Again it's a very creamy consistency with an easy application. For me it's only downfall is that the colour isn't too pigmented as I find you have to re-apply this quite a lot. This is only a problem for me because I love matte lipsticks and very pigmented colours. However if you can look past that then you will love this lipstick.
 
My next three favourites are all Mac lipsticks and these are the colours I have definitely reached for the most this Autumn/Winter. Here in picture order are Mac - Rebel, Mac - Craving and Mac - Ruby Woo and as you can see these are all gorgeous dark/autumnal shades.
All Mac lipsticks are currently £15.50 and they have a huge range of colours and formulas so there really is something there for everyone. Rebel is a very dark purple/berry shade and it is in a Satin formula, which is just very slightly creamier than a Matte. Craving is a beautiful greyish purple which is more subtle than rebel yet still very noticeable and that is in an Amplified Formula, which like mentioned before has an opaque but creamy consistency.  Last but not least is Ruby Woo which is a very 1950's pin up-esq deep red shade. It is one of my favourite reds and because it's in a Matte formula it really does last for hours and hours and is perfect for a night out. Swatches are Ruby woo, Craving and then Rebel on the far right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment